Home Training Course Makes Your Abuser Intervention More Effective
8 to 28-hour Enhancement of Your Abuser Intervention Program
As a pre-cursor to existing programs for abusers or as a stand-alone intervention, we guarantee to:
8 to 28-hour Enhancement Module
- Reduce recidivism
- Reduce dropouts
- Greatly reduce client resistance
- Make it impossible for abusers to blame or shift responsibility for their thoughts, emotions, and behavior
- Develop a conditioned response that will automatically replace the impulse to control with compassion for self and loved ones
- Include compassionate child-rearing techniques to break the cycle of violence.
Why They Deny and Minimize
- That their chronic sense of powerlessness is caused by blaming their emotional states on their victims
- That hurting the people they love is the most self-destructive thing they can do
- How to regulate the chronic states of guilt, shame, anxiety, and powerlessness that they try to mask with controlling, dominant, and abusive behavior.
Why is it hard for abusers to admit that they abuse power?
They feel powerless most of the time. They see us as merely perpetuating the assaults of an unfair world, as we confront them with our superior values.
The secret of successful intervention is to help perpetrators see that abuse of their loved ones violates their own deepest values.
What They Never Deny
Their own deepest values require them to treat those they love with respect and compassion. When they fail, their own emotions go to war against them. Aggression against loved ones results inevitably in self-loathing.
The only way to feel powerful, beyond a short-lived adrenalin rush, is to increase self-value and, simultaneously, the value of those they love.
The intervention and its theoretical and empirical support are laid out in: Treating Attachment Abuse, by Steven Stosny, Ph.D.
What Motivates Power and Control?
The abuser’s constant warning to victims is: “Don’t make me feel something I can’t handle.”
- Failure of compassion
- The inability to hold onto self-value when experiencing emotional discomfort
Home Training Download
- Dedication to a Heroine
- Not about Attitudes
- The Causal Formula
- Necessary Condition for Change
- Blame and Powerlessness
- ailure of Compassion
- Emotion and Abuse
- The Purpose of Anger
- Resentment and Health
- Causing Change
- Core Value
- Core Value Block
- Compassionate Parenting
- Discipline of Children
- Children and Media Violence
- Violent Children
- Deadly Mistakes
- Protect Your Well Being
- Why We Hurt the Ones We Love
- The Hardest Population
- Catching Compassion
- Special Military Challenge
- Family Violence and Aggressive Driving
- The Importance of Evaluation
- DVD: graphics and narration of the most salient points of the
- Manual for Clients
- Introduction for Group Leaders (emailed)
- Instruments for measuring success (emailed)
- HEALSTM download